Monday

Beta Tester



This is Goldie.  He is neither gold nor a gold fish.



Last night, Little P, who is a four, decided his fish needed clean water.  His fish is a blue and reddish purplish beta named Goldie, ( they were out of goldfish at the pet store that day).   Goldie is the pet that I sometimes forget about.  The cat and the dog are not so easy to overlook because they, like the kids and Mr. Drug, are good at inserting themselves in front of me to remind me that they have needs and such.  But dang, Goldie just hasn’t figured out how to make some sort of visible or audible signal to me when he requires something.  Obviously Goldie doesn’t realize that I am THE PROVIDER OF CLEAN WATER AND FOOD, which is probably because, I sometimes forget to provide those things.

At any rate, Little P decided to take matters into his own hands.  He somehow managed to get Goldie out of the tank and into a cup.  I’m not sure how he did this because Goldie is a fast little &h*t, and it usually takes me nine or ten tries to grab him; maybe little P knows a trick I don’t.  I didn’t realize this was even happening until p started hollering down the stairs to me, asking if he should wash Goldie’s rocks with soap.  Wait, what?!

Animals lovers everywhere are probably worried about Goldie’s well-being at this point in the story, but rest assured, he was, (and is) fine.  I took control and made sure everything was washed according to the health standards of a fish and what not. 

Later when Goldie was in a clean tank, and little P and Penelope were getting ready for bed, I remembered the cup.  Because… dang... it was the princess cup….you know the one that Penelope must take three sips from every night before bed… …….

“Eww, I have a rock in my mouth!”

 Because who doesn’t just take a drink of water out of a cup that is sitting next to a pile of slimy rock pebbles and fish poop?  I mean, that’s perfectly reasonable.


I’m googling it now. MYCOBATERIUM MARINUM...crap. Web MD says to watch for yellow pustules on her skin and hands. I’ll text Dr. F or Dr. S or maybe both, if that happens.




A better mom than me might be panicking, but I’m not saying anything if you don’t.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous09:18

    My little fresh faced monster took our beta out and left him on the floor. He was tired from swimming and 'needed to rest'. Yep, he didn't make it.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Poor little fish! May he be swimming in ever clean tanks in the great beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least goldie is in one piece and not half-bitten or anything like that...

    wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete