Thursday

Holey Prayers


Don't worry, this is a modest picture..the 'hole' appeared a day after this was taken


 I think I figured out a way to keep people from knocking on my door and trying to pray with me.  It’s called, “THE SPIDERMAN SUIT”. 
                
The Spiderman suit is worn roughly four or five days out of the week around here.   It’s one of those cheap dress up costumes from China that is generally the thickness of a panty liner.  I’m not really sure what the draw is, because it’s got velcro in strange places and no real substance to speak of, but there you are; it’s little P’s most treasured piece of clothing.  Oddly, wearing the suit requires him to remove his underwear. I’m not sure why, but that’s what he tells me.
              
In any case, the panty liner costume isn’t really meant for the washing machine, but if you think I’m motivated enough to wash that thing by hand, than you are obviously a better mom than me.  Nope, into the washer it goes, and out if comes with a couple more holes than before.  Which brings me back to my point….
                
Usually the folks who ring your doorbell and try to pray with you are rather puritan in nature.  Or at least, I assume that.  They show up at our house at least once a month and the women always wear dresses and cute little hats.  If they have children with them, (which sometimes happens), they look clean and sparkly, and you’d definitely assume they were wearing underwear.  Last night they showed up right as I was distracted by trying to find my car keys, and damn,  before I could make everybody go silent and hide in the kitchen my little Spiderman swung the door open.
                
I could tell by the look on their faces that something wasn’t right, but I didn’t get why until I glanced down and noticed that mini-spidey had a mini wardrobe malfunction happening below the waist. – His webslinger was dangling for God and everyone else to see.- I almost started laughing, but I thought it might be in poor taste to engage in penis humor when all they wanted to do was pray with for me.

As I was closing the door I muttered something about having to take my oldest to youth group, just so they’d know we weren’t complete heathens.  Still, if you ARE a better mom than me, you’ll take heed and wash that junk by hand. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Em!! If anyone has a boy, they know about the panty liner costume that is worn day after day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had to break out the sewing kit and try to repair it today...because I'm such a seamstress...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:54

    Hahahahahah! Love you Em! I have always said you make me and God smile and laugh out loud! Glad you are doing a blog!

    Your cuz, Sara

    ReplyDelete